I started to hand-feed baby budgies after 30 days, and they turned out to be super tamed. Here is my last video of taming baby budgies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioeGCl-sgOA
Bambu plant bird chewing
No, it’s not safe for your budgie to eat bamboo plant leaves. Although bamboo is not considered toxic to birds, the leaves can be difficult to digest and may cause digestive problems, including crop impaction. Additionally, the leaves may have been treated with pesticides or other chemicals that can be harmful to birds.
It’s best to keep your budgie away from the bamboo plant and provide safe, bird-friendly plants and toys for them to enjoy. You can also offer your budgie a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables to supplement their diet and satisfy their desire to nibble on plants.
Baby Budgie hatched. Better care tips please!
Congratulations on the new addition to your budgie family! Here are some tips to help ensure the health and well-being of your mother budgie and her babies:
- Provide a balanced diet: In addition to seeds and vegetables, you can offer your budgies some fresh fruits and dark leafy greens, which are rich in nutrients that are essential for their health. You can also consider providing them with some bird food pellets, which are designed to provide a balanced diet for birds.
- Ensure clean water: Make sure your budgies always have access to clean and fresh water. Change their water daily and ensure that their water dish is cleaned regularly to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Keep the environment clean: Regularly clean the birdcage and replace the bedding material to ensure a clean and hygienic environment for the birds. Make sure there is no buildup of fecal matter or food particles in the cage.
- Provide enough space: Ensure that your budgies have enough space to move around and stretch their wings. A cage that is too small can cause stress and lead to health problems.
- Monitor the babies: Keep an eye on the babies to make sure that they are developing properly. If you notice any signs of illness or abnormal behavior, consult with a veterinarian who specializes in avian medicine.
- Handle with care: If you want to tame your budgies, it is best to start handling them when they are young. Be gentle and patient, and try to handle them regularly so that they get used to your presence.
Hen not clean chicks.
You should change the nesting substrate every time gets dirty.
My female budgie flew away.
If the male budgie is successfully feeding the chicks and they are thriving, you may not need to intervene. Male budgies are capable of taking care of their chicks on their own.
However, it’s important to make sure that the male budgie is providing enough food for the chicks. You can monitor the chicks to ensure that they are growing properly and gaining weight.
If you notice any signs that the chicks are not thriving or the male budgie is not providing enough food, you may need to step in and hand-feed the chicks yourself or find an experienced bird breeder or avian veterinarian to assist you.
My female budgie became aggressive to male
It’s clear you need to separate male from female. You will need to provide more healthy food for female, she will need to raise chicks by herself.